Among the vast range of actors who have been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Robert Downey Jr. has been undoubtedly the most charismatic and successful performer. We haven’t seen any other superhero who could make the kind of money that Robert has made. You might want to have a rethink as despite being probably the most iconic MCU face, there is some other actor who takes the top spot as the highest paid actor in MCU.
As per the 2017 list of Highest Paid Actors from Forbes, Vin Diesel has made a cool 54 million USD which comfortably overtakes the 48 million USD that Downey Jr. took home. Although Diesel didn’t get all his money from the MCU film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, he had also featured in XXX: Return of Xander Cage and Fate of the Furious. Forbes also reported that he also received a percentage from the huge 1.2 billion USD that Fate of Furious earned. In any case, the amount is highly impressive.
How Does Diesel Fare Against Other MCU Actors On The Forbes List?
It is not only Vin Diesel who made big money this year but, there are seven more names from MCU who found their names on the Forbes’ list which mean that they also earned enviable amounts. Let’s have a look at how the big money Diesel made compares to his fellow stars:
- 1. Vin Diesel: $54.5 million.
- 2. Robert Downey Jr.: $48 million. Although it is a shocker seeing Downey Jr. taking the second place in a list like that, we must remember that he only did a small part in one movie (Spiderman: Homecoming) compared to three films by Vin Diesel.
- 3. Chris Hemsworth: $31.5 million. Thor’s earnings have taken a massive leap of over 250% this year.
- 4. Samuel L. Jackson: $30.5 million. This one is not even surprising. Samuel loves to feature in films, and we see him in multiple films each
- 5. Jeremy Renner: $19 million. This is his debut on this list and wonder if anyone had thought, he is not making it big.
- 6. Chris Evans: $18 million. Forbes says Evans is making this kind of money only courtesy Infinity War.
- 7. Chris Pratt: $17 million. Last year he had made 26 million, and this year he has taken a hit of 35%.
- 8. Mark Ruffalo: $13 million. Just like Hawkeye, this is a first for Bruce Banner aka Mark Ruffalo on this list.
While these amounts are big, they have even better times headed their way with Avengers: Infinity War set to release next year and it is going to be among the most sought after movies of the year. The Marvel box-office track record hints at another big blockbuster on the cards. Since all these guys apart from Samuel L. Jackson are likely to feature in the film, they are all set to earn even bigger amounts.
Not only that, Avengers 4 will hit the screens only one year after the Infinity War, thus, we can anticipate happy tidings for these MCU stars for at least two more years. We are eagerly waiting for them to battle Thanos in Avengers:Infinity War that releases on May 4, 2018.